Tom C.

From: frank theriault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Sturn ubject: Re: Film is dead...
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:04:32 -0400

On 4/25/05, Tom C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> To me the best thing about the mom & pops is that I could go in and peruse. <snip>

If anyone really thinks that the prices at the big-boxes or on the
internet will stay down once the little guys have all been driven out
of business, I have this bridge in New York for sale. <g>

If there's one thing I hate (sorry, Tom) it's people who go into the
mom and pop, to look at an item, then go off to the big-box or the
internet and buy it for cheaper.  At least if one's going to put them
out of business, have the decency not to use their services for free.
Maybe say, "You know, this is a nice camera.  I'm off to buy in
on-line.  Here's $20 for your trouble;  I'm still getting it for a
bargain even after giving you this $20."

Actually, I don't know how those little guys have survived for the
last number of decades.  First there was big department stores.  Then
malls.  Now big boxes, Walmart and the internet.  I gotta give 'em
credit, they've hung in there, but I really don't know how much longer
they can continue to do so...

cheers,
frank

cheers,