Kids born 10-15 years ago will re-discover film and they'll use glorified point and shoots like
the Canon Rebel, or all mechanical machines like the K1000.

John-Claude Zadro wrote:

It's all kind of sad but true.

I went from growing up with film with my Dad's SLR, buying my first 2
cameras (APS not 35mm)  and then out into Digital (Sony DSCV-1) when I
realised I was using the Sony as a point and click, I figured out that
I needed to learn everything all over again I jumped onto Ebay and
bought a SP1000, and i've been adding to that collecton ever since.

Now when I go to get my prints done, I find all the photo shops that I
used to go to have closed up, none can compete with major chains
buying in bulk and selling at discount, so they don't stock alot of
digital and few film bodies, and the ones that are left, have a
marginalised business of just developing to deal with.

So it's catch 22, while i'm happy to acquire all the film bodies and
lenses at cut price from people exiting from Film and heading into
digital, my next purchase is going to be an *istDs and i'll be
following them marginalising my own film usage.

As film  becomes a smaller volume, film prices go up and choice comes
down, and the old school equipment we all use begins to die on us.

Who is going to be the new film generation? And what are they going to use?