Unfortunately, I think that the pessimists here are right, the most optimistic thing I see coming out of this
is the next MZ-D...

Rob Studdert wrote:

On 29 Apr 2005 at 18:57, Mark Roberts wrote:

Sorry, but you lost me here. How have we seen that Pentax has no plans
for full-frame? Why would the release of lenses covering the small frame
be an indication of this when Canon has several reduced frame lenses?
Does anyone really believe Pentax wouldn't be willing to obsolete those
lenses (and have us replace them, of course) in the future?

Pentax probably won't have any choice especially as they career off in digital 645 land. I don't want to be pessimistic but it's looking worse for them on every release from Canon and Nikon, only a blinkered Pentax devotee could call it otherwise IMHO.

Congrats Christian, it sounds like you are now much more content with your kit, now you can just go out and enjoy shooting with a future :-)

Cheers,

Rob Studdert HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA Tel +61-2-9554-4110 UTC(GMT) +10 Hours [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://members.ozemail.com.au/~distudio/publications/ Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998