On Apr 29, 2005, at 9:36 PM, Meredith Markham wrote:

I use a PC, not a Mac, but I use Photoshop CS to edit
my photos and ACDSee 7.0 to manage them. IMHO, ACDSee
is the best photo/media organizer right now...you can
even do basic manipulations in single or batch mode.
However, I don't think it is available for the Mac,
you would have to check www.acdsystems.com

ACDSee for Mac OS X v1.6.9 is the current version. It's got some decent features but is not near as competent or capable as iView Media Pro 2 on the Mac OS X platform. It also doesn't know about .PEF files or other RAW formats, far as I can tell.

iView Media Pro can display thumbnails and previews from nearly all current RAW formats, including .DNG.

Forget managing photos with Photoshop (the browser is
too slow and clumsy, although the new CS2 is supposed
to be better. I am upgrading in a couple weeks and can
report more about it then.)

The File Browser portion of Photoshop is not meant to be an archive manager. It's a dynamic part of Photoshop workflow and integrates with Camera Raw, the script/automation/batch facilities as well as the primary Photoshop editing system.

Godfrey