Hi Mark,

I suppose you can see what you want to see in the image.  It's intent was
almost anti-photo, to work with elements that went against what is
typically considered "good" photography, or, perhaps, more traditional ways
of exploring a scene and making a statement.  That I used the word dream in
the subject, that the photo shows a lack of symmetry, or balance (by your
definition), overly saturated colors, a fair amount of purple fringing and
purple in the shadows, bright sky, and the like, were all done that way
intentionally, used that way to make a statement that has nothing to do
with nature or landscape.

My comment about balance being a "bourgeois concept" was tongue in cheek,
paraphrasing a tag line seen here with ever growing frequency, but also to
state that the lack of balance, as you see it, gives a different kind of
balance to the image, which, for better or worse, you don't see.

Regardless, knowing the intent of the photo, what was wanted to achieve, it
wasn't expected that many, if any, would get it.  That one or two did makes
the photo successful, IMO.  Of course, I'm quite used to mostpeople (in the
ee cummings sense) not caring for the photos I make or prefer,  and, as I
said once or twice before, if too many people like a given photo (depending
on the photo and its intent), then it's considered a failure.

Shel