Chad wrote:

Hello,

It is obvious not to use the standard canned air blower. I have not read much on using CO2 air, such as Leland or American Recorder. I
have used these products and they work fine. The gas contains no
residue and is pure. I have used CO2 gas to blow off a lens, as well
as a CCD. I can find very little on this subject here or elsewhere on
forums. I wonder why? Have I just been lucky all this time?

There has been one report on this list of someone damaging the film on the front of the sensor (whether that was an anti-alias filter or not I think was not entirely clear) by using canned gas to remove dust.

mike