On 4/30/05, Paul Stenquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It's not bogus. Its a comparison of what is accessible to most
> photographers working with a normal budget.
I'm going to slightly agree with Paul here.  My reasons for choosing
to proof and print with a scanner and printer are simply convenience
and economics.  After selling our home in St. Louis (where I had
access to a decent B&W lab) and moving into a rental in Eastjeesis, PA
(where I don't have access to a nearby B&W lab or space for a
darkroom), I'm left with little choice.  I love film, and I've seen
really good results from scanned film.  But once we purchase another
home, I'm putting in a real darkroom and letting the "digital
darkroom" rot.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com