On May 1, 2005, at 2:24 PM, mike wilson wrote:

Vuescan is a piece of software similar to Photoshop and Autocad, in that it is an excellent piece of kit once you get past the downright unfriendly interface. I was hoping that multipass would reduce the noise created by the scanner on slides with a lot of black in them. I haven't been able to experiment enough with it to come to any sensible conclusion.

Try setting the blackpoint (Color tab) to remove the noise.

I've been using Vuescan exclusively to drive my scanners for about 5 years. Have probably scanned several thousand negatives and slides. I know it pretty well...

Godfrey