Hi

> This is a good but not outstanding lens. It is soft in the corner
> wide open and at F:22. It has exceptionally good flare supression
> for such a wide lens.

I think I've read your comments on Stan Halpins site but appreciate you
responding here. Flare supression is a positive attribute for me as my Tokina
17mm seems to suffer a little in that department and also with some darkness
in the corners of the frame until f/5.6. A little softness at extreme
apertures isn't really too big a problem but it would be nice if it were
sharp wide open, I'll generally be using the lens at f/8-f/11, the Tokina
also suffers a little wide open at f/3.5 but improves significantly by f/5.6.

Apparently distortion is also very low for such a wide lens from what I've
read.

> It has a very warm color rendition partly or
> fully due to the fact that there are two warming filters (Skylight
> and Cloudy) and one of them must be used (you could use yellow or
> orange filter as well but they are definitely on the warm side!).

I think I can live with that, I'd mainly use the Skylight although the cloudy
filter will come in handy as I live in the UK 8) I tend to use skylight
filters quite often in landscape work prefering UV filters (if any) on
telephoto lenses.

Many thanks for your comments.

John