Hi all,

as a side note to digital cameras: Does Pentax build the Optio 50 on their
own?

I was surprised that the camera very much looks like models from premier,
escpecially from the back.

See e.g. http://www.premierimage.pl

Looks to me as if Premier builds the Konica Minolta Dimage E40 and E50,
too.

I don't know about the recent cooperations of Pentax. I remember the
cooperation of HP (C618, C912) and Pentax. While the 3rd party analog
lenses are gone by now (such as the Cosina 100/f4 macro), there may be
more and more OEM and relabel prodcuts for the digital market.

Are there any 3rd party DSLR lenses behind the Pentax label?

Here's a short overview of some 'Premier' models:

That's the model with 5 MP (5.2 MP CCD) and 2.5" display.
* Premier DS-5330
* BenQ DC E53
* Konica Minolta E50
* Maginon Slimline X5
* Minox DC 5222
* Rollei Prego dp5200
* Traveler Slimline X5
* Voigtlaender Virtus D5

The smaller version  (4 MP, 2" display) matches to
* Premier DS-4330 or better
* Premier DS-4331
* BenQ DC E43
* Centon DC4s
* Konica Minolta E40
* Minox DC 4211
* Rollei Prego dp4200
* Voigtlaender Virtus D4

Pentax Optio 50 is 5 MP, but 1.8" display only. There's no other
low cost manufacturer with 2.5" display, other than Sony (but 132 000
pixels only, instead of 201 000 pixels).