William Robb wrote:

> Why is it that photographers expect perfect prints when they
> have given absolutely no instruction to the printer about what
> they want from the print? Why is the lab suddenly butchering the
> job when it doesn't get the picture exactly right the first
> time?

One time I explained it to an unusually rude customer this way: you're
paying more not because I'm psychic and will get exactly what you saw in
your head onto this paper on my first try without any instructions from
you, but because we will sit and look at this print together and you'll
tell me what you want different and I'll make another print exactly like that.

-Aaron