that is one thing i noticed about the phot. the hands were missing . i
thought that addedsome thing to the photo.

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> " Bahia Blanca " by  Juan Buhler
>
> A nice small piece of a bigger story. It is much more moving after you've
> read the description of the decrepit but elegant stations. I can see it as
> one of a series that establishes the mood of the place.  Did someone steal
> the hands from the clock? The only improvement I can imagine would be to
> have taken the picture when there were more shadows, to increase the general
> sense of gloominess. The frame adds a good somber touch to this really
> interesting picture.
[...]

Thanks very much, John.

Indeed, the train stations in Argentina would make for an amazing
topic. For example, the stations on smaller towns are all erected
according to the same planes. Every few kilometers you find what was
initially the same building, each now modified in different ways by
time and the people using them.

Next time I go I'll try to get off the train, if they are still
running, or use a car and spend a day visiting them.