Hi,
In the June edition of the "Photographic" there's a nice article about the
four best AF 35mm SLR's for under $300. They are: Canon Rebel 2000, Nikon
N65, Minolta Maxxum HTxi Plus and Pentax ZX-7. There are no testing - just a
short presentation and summary. No winner:)) They are all considered to be
equally good.
But there is a note in this article, that made me wonder... Am I missing
something?
Let me cite it: "The ZX-7 offers Snap-in Focus: Using a non-autofocus lens,
set the focus-mode switch to AF, focus manually at a desired distance, and
fully depress the shutter button (use the optional Cable Switch F to lock it
down). When a subject arrives at the prefocused distance, the camera will
automatically fire."
What the hell? There's nothing of this kind in my MZ-7. With my SMC M 50/2
mounted on I have focussing assist in both AF and MF mode and when I fully
depress the shutter button, the camera fires without any further delay. Is
there any difference between ZX-7 and MZ-7 (there shouldn't be any, I
guess...)? How can I get this feature in my MZ-7 (I'd really love to have
it...)? Anybody has comments on this?
Thanx in advance
Greetz
Artur