On 5/11/05, Unca Mikey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks very much, F/frank!

Yer welcome!

> Some months back, when I started seriously looking for photo info on
> the 'Net, I ran across PDML and saw the photo "Rule of Thirds" -- two
> tough guys standing against a wall.  Wasn't that your photo, Frank?

Nope (as you now know already).

> Whether it was yours or someone else's, I want to say, thanks, it
> really got me thinking.  And it still does.  Great shot.

I remember we had a great long flame war about the rule of thirds -
okay, not quite a flame war but tempers ran pretty high.  I think we
also touched on whether there are "rules of composition" and such like
that.  Went on for days and days.

I, of course, fell into the "Rules?  What rules?  There are no
stinking rules!" category.  Further, I believe I may have poo-poohed
the idea of the human brain being hardwired to find images which
comply with the rule of thirds to be pleasing.

Until someone posted several of my pix, and pointed out to me that
they all fit in quite nicely with the rule of thirds.  Here, I hadn't
even realized it when I composed them!

Well, I don't know what to think now (not an unusual situation, I
assure you <g>).  Interesting stuff.

And, yes, Shel's photo to which you refer is a terrific one (no
surprise there...).

cheers,
frank