From: Jarosław Brzeziński <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: Snap-in Focus in MZ/ZX-7?????

: I am sorry, but you must be wrong: if you use a non-AF lens, no AF body in
the world is
: capable of giving an AF-assist light.
:
: Artur Ledóchowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> napisał / wrote:
:
: > Hi,
: > In the June edition of the "Photographic" there's a nice article about
the
: > four best AF 35mm SLR's for under $300. They are: Canon Rebel 2000,
Nikon
: > N65, Minolta Maxxum HTxi Plus and Pentax ZX-7. There are no testing -
just a
: > short presentation and summary. No winner:)) They are all considered to
be
: > equally good.
: > But there is a note in this article, that made me wonder... Am I missing
: > something?
: > Let me cite it: "The ZX-7 offers Snap-in Focus: Using a non-autofocus
lens,
: > set the focus-mode switch to AF, focus manually at a desired distance,
and
: > fully depress the shutter button (use the optional Cable Switch F to
lock it
: > down). When a subject arrives at the prefocused distance, the camera
will
: > automatically fire."
: > What the hell? There's nothing of this kind in my MZ-7. With my SMC M
50/2
: > mounted on I have focussing assist in both AF and MF mode and when I
fully
: > depress the shutter button, the camera fires without any further delay.
Is
: > there any difference between ZX-7 and MZ-7 (there shouldn't be any, I
: > guess...)? How can I get this feature in my MZ-7 (I'd really love to
have
: > it...)? Anybody has comments on this?
: > Thanx in advance
: > Greetz
: > Artur
: > =========================================="There are signs on the ring,
: >   Which make me feel so down.
: >   There's one to enslave all rings,
: >   To find them all in time
: >   And drive them into darkness.
: >   Forever they'll be bound."
: > Blind Guardian "Lord of the Ring"
: >
: >
: >
: > -
: > This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List.  To unsubscribe,
: > go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Don't forget to
: > visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org .
: >
: >
:
:
:
: WP i Vision zapraszają! Film "Czekolada" z Juliette Binoche i Johnny
Deppem jest spoko!
: Stronka też spox: < www.czekolada.vision.pl > Więcej takich filmów! Kamil
:
: -