Hi Eric
no confusion here, your explanation is a real help for me,thanks.
I see an increase in the selling of old SLR here on auctions in the last
days and I think I will get that MX
if the price is right (around 30 euro now with M 1.7 50mm).

I preferred VU meter needles instead of LED's on tape decks for example, it
looks just more classic and elegant for me.
I really seldom see an MX and never a K1000 here on the Swiss auctions where
I  mostly buy used stuff. EBay Germany is
more expensive and I don't like the way auctions are handled in the last
minute (snipering and that)...

thanks (as well to Shel who told us something about the MX too ;-)

Markus