From: Brian Walters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: May 19, 2005 12:26 AM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Raw

Ann

I've done a bit of research and there are a few programs that will
allow processing of RAW files under Windows 98.

Probably the best is Breeze Browser Pro:

http://www.breezesys.com/BreezeBrowser/index.htm

This product can handle RAW files from a wide range of Canons as well
as Pentax *istD and DS.

A 15 day trial can be downloaded from the above link and registration
is $70

Another option is Easy Raw Studio.  This is even cheaper ($50) but
it's currently only up to version 0.21 and I found it crashed trying
to process my Pentax RAW file.  It might be OK with Canon RAW.  You
can download it from:

http://www.easyraw.com/

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney, Australia

Quoting Ann Sanfedele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Brian Walters wrote:
> >
> > The problem is that Ann wants to open RAW format under Windows 98
> and,
> > as far as I know, Elements 3 requires Windows 2000 or XP.
>
> YIkes - yeah thats true.
> >
> > I'm struggling with the same problem myself.  Pentax Photo
> Laboratory
> > 2 needs Win 2000 or XP.  Does anyone know if PhotoLab 1 runs on
> Win
> > 98?
> >
> > RAW format can be opened in Win 98 with the latest version of
> > Irfanview but it doesn't do a great job and is not suitable for
> > conversion of RAW to other formats.  Same with 3D Photo Browser
> > Light.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Brian

PeoplePC Online