Paal,
     I think the whole "exposure bar problem" is primarily a matter of
familiarity.  I came to the PZ-1p from the Pentax 67.  My first reaction to
the little wheels and mini-buttons on the PZ-1p was shock!  What ARE these
things?
     Than I read the PZ-1p Users Manual!  Wondered what I'd gotten myself
into!  And longed for the good old manual 67.  But now I LOVE the PZ-1p.
     I think if the MZ-S is anywhere near as rugged and professional as early
reports indicate no one will mind "the little differences."  :->
     Alexander Grigolia