On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, [iso-8859-1] Pål Jensen wrote:

> Mark wrote:
>

> > Absolutely. Seeing an LED bargraph go up for overexposure and down for
> > underexposure just plain makes sense.
>
> But the point wasn't if it makes sense isolated. But whether it
> makes sense in conjunction with its control dial which goes left
> right. For me at least, theres no "logic" direction for a
> left/right wheel in order to make, say, the scale go up.

Since one can reach the wheel from the front and back of the camera,
turing it left from the back side is the same as turning it right from
the front, and vice versa. So there would be confusion with a
left/right exposure display too.

If you turn the wheel left/right, either one or the other sides of
the wheel is going down. Choose a side which feels more "important"
to you and then if its up/down doesn't coincide with the exposure
up/down, use the Pentax functions to reverse the direction you need
to turn the dial so it makes sense to you.

Personally, I prefer a vertical lightmeter display.

--
     ,_