Hi, Albano.
A normal position is what works best for you, if you ask me...
At your age, the lens in your eyes is soft and strechable, so the focussing
muscles around it have no problems to adapt it to whatever the viewfinder
optics within the limits you mention. If you had put on some spectacles with
the same diopter value (say, -1.5) and walked aroud with them all day,
however, I bet you would build up a headache from straining your eyes all
the time.

With age, the lens get stiffer and it will cost more to adapt. Headaches
come faster, and the benefit of adjustable dioptrics in the viewfinder
become more critical.

Jostein (who have to use glasses for reading, now...)