Cotty,

That's refreshing to hear...shoot jpg's and don't meddle with them!

I had about 40 slides put to a photo CD with very poor results.
(many were too dark compared to the slide - kodachrome problem?)
I'm spending lots of time fixing them in PSP to get decent jpgs.
And I'm shooting slides to get it right in the camera, not post processing.

My major fear on going digital is that I will become more of a
computer geek than I am.  Not very appealing...

Are your jpg's notably better than from the D *ist or DS because of
the Canon body?  Didn't we trash Pentax's conversion algorithms?

Regards,  Bob S.