In a message dated 5/24/2005 2:09:51 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Hi!

http://www.photoforum.ru/rate/photo.php?photo_id=190899

I've been told that this photo has broken composition. It is as if
there are two separates shots inside one - one with lower lamp and the
other one with the lamp above.

I think that the shadows and lights work together so that this image
is actually a whole.

Here is the question: is this composition really broken into two
halves? What defines a composition that is whole?

I mean not in a sense of rules or examples, but rather in a sense of
viewer's perspective...

Thanks.

--
Boris

I don't think the composition is broken. The eye has a lot to do -- but,
personally, my eye can handle it.

Unusual shot.

Probably someone told you their eye had to bounce back and forth, bang, bang.
That's not always "bad."

Marnie aka Doe