Not a problem at all Shel. It's just that you started out with a blanket statement "Microdrives don't work well", and I thought that was a misleading assertion.

For many people they work just fine. It is good to know their altitude limitations, as you said. I don't work as well at 10,000 ft either.

It's the same specification as for computers and laptop PC's in general, most any device containing a hard drive.

Tom C.

From: "Shel Belinkoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: RE: CF card: normal or Microdrive?
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:39:03 -0700

Which was exactly the point of the post.  Some people don't know about the
limitations of the drives, and many people who live at lower elevations
take trips and vacations into the mountains.  In many parts of the world
that means elevations above 9000 feet.  Just driving around the western
part of the US puts you at higher elevations frequently.  I believe
Thibouille lives in or near a mountainous area and the post was a heads-up
if he does and is considering using a microdrive.  You seem to have a
problem with my posting the information.

Shel