----- Original Message -----
From: "Alin Flaider" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Christian" <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: Digital MZ-5n

>   Christian,
>
>   Can you use the ist d for an extensive period without resorting to
>   the LCD back? I doubt so. That was my point.

Again, have you used one?  I had one for 2 years.  I used the LCD to format
the CF cards (which wouldn't be neccessary if I deleted the images in the
PC).  Everything else I needed was controled with the 2 wheelie thingies or
the command dial.  The metering modes are set via a 3-way switch.

don't doubt it till you try it. :-)

>   BTW, I too prefer dials. [Why can't they make an MX digital!? With
>   all these variations on the *ist theme an MX-D will surely fit in
>   the r&d budget].

This was my original point when I switched to Canon.  Pentax have lost their
way. :-(

Christian