Hi Bruce
what speaks against having a second body with you to compensate for the
shortcomings of the buffer?
Even an old one with film loaded or a P&S dig cam if you can not afford a
second DSLR or
what it lighter?

I'm pretty quick with my SFX and the P30 as a backup and second body with
the 24mm mounted
and set at F8 and 2.2 meters. But I'm still a film user so what do I know
about digital problems :-)

greetings
Markus