To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2005 10:02 PM
Subject: Re: Digital MZ-5n

On 2005-06-05, at 20:51, Dario Bonazza wrote:

2) I'd restore the diaphragm simulator in any mid- to top-range camera.
It's just neccessary. Some people thought that it could be because they wanted to introduce some USM/IS lenses which was of course not true. Aperture simulator was very important selling point for mid and top range Pentax cameras.

3) I'd standardize the two aperture/shutter speed wheels in any mid- to top-range camera. And , please, please, the aperture wheel must be on the front (diaphragm side) and the shutter speed wheel must be on the back (shutter side). Being the other way round (wrong) as they are on the *istD, I still have to think which wheel to operate all the time.
The best would be if they would allow user to change operation of these wheels according to one's needs. So you could exchange functionality of two wheels or change purpose of one in Av or Tv mode (for example to set exposure compensation). 1-2 PFs for that would be enough :-)

--
Best regards
Sylwek