> does anybody here know the Vixen VX2 body?

I looked into it a few years ago, Markus, back when I was doing a bit of
astrophotography.  I forget who it was made by (Cosina? Voigtlander?
Ricoh?), but I finally decided that it was unlikely to perform better than
the LX, so I never actually ended up getting my hands on one.

> I wonder if the brighter viewfinder would be useful for other themes like
> available light photography as well.

I suspect it would, although, once again, I would think that an LX (with
the right viewfinder) is still going to do at least as well in dim light.

Fred