Rumors I hear are that the 645D is going to be basically an *istD with a larger
sensor and the 645 lens mount. Be interesting to see is that is true. Also
there is definately supposed to be an upgrade to the *istD in the works
although it seems to have been delayed a bit. All this seems so slow, one
forgets it has been less than 2 years since preproduction *istD were first seen.

Also Pentax is now on a pipeline distribution system. They basically do not
warehouse anything, although big dealers like B&H Photo do. Reports of
discontinued may be only distortions of awaiting a new production run as seems to
have been a case with some of the highend lenses.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"

John Forbes wrote:
I don't think the *ist DSLRs will share production lines with the D645. Insufficient differentiation within the *ist range is the reason to cut one model. Let's hope it's not too long before they bring out the D Mk2.

John