You're no "Old West Judge", I'd a' hanged them. (In Texas the old Gent could have shot them on the spot).
keithw wrote:

William Robb wrote:

Or lack of it....
At our dog show today, a lady asked if I would take a couple of head shots of her Doberman for her.
Of course, I said yes.
She didn't want anything fancy, just something to show off the dogs conformation, and she certainly wasn't looking for a "pro portrait" I thought it might be nice if I could do something in controlled light, so asked the show photographer if I could plug into her lights for a moment to do the shoot.

In my day, this would be a no brainer. I'd be plugged in and shooting, probably with the photographer helping out. Nowadays, it seems, no one helps each other out. The little tweeb looked at me like as if I had crawled out from under a rock and told me no, if the lady wanted a portrait, she would do it and charge accordingly.

It would have cost her nothing to help, and she had nothing to gain by refusing.

The world is changing, but I don't think for the better.

William Robb

You're right, Bill...and by the time I'm ready to "get off" I'll really be happy for it.
So little respect of one person for the other. No respect of property.

Have you read about the gang of what - 40 or 50 kids that crashed into an old gent's mansion in Newport Beach, CA, while he was out to a long dinner, and brought in trash cans full of beer and food, and partied for hours like it belonged to them!
Literally trashed the place.

The guy comes home, and it's like some horror novel!
There's a lot more about that story that will turn your stomach, but one small fact is...they advertised it on the 'net, and invited anyone in thee area to show up, just like it was their own place!

I'm so appalled and infuriated, I don't know how to act!
How does the home owner get justice? Or does he?

It's a pissy world, and a large part of the upcoming young people are simply not worth knowing. Of course, a lot are...but way too many are worthless, immoral and pure trash.

I wish they could lock them each up for 5 years, 60 full months, no parole possible, and fine the parents $125,000 each, and then anchor the kids to community service for another 3 years, with simultaneous house arrest.

Sighhh.

I should have been an Old West judge...

Sorry... keith whaley

--
A man's only as old as the woman he feels.
                        --Groucho Marx