One thing I am curious about Rodinal and its copies...

Īt's the shelf life. I have read that Rodinal in cold storage can keep
for a long long time (they found some on the frozen lost expedition
into Antartcica, after 100 years it still worked...). And that has
been my experience as well, that it kept for long. But sometimes there
form hard rocks or something inside... what is it?

Just now, I developed few test rolls with one Rodinal copy that was
about 15 years outdated. And it came out completely clear, undeveloped
(not even edge markings). Needless to say I wasn't excepting much, and
I didn't even check the basicity/acidity of the Rodinal. And it was
full of the "rocks". Is there anything to do with them? I have several
_litres_ of that old one, and it would be a shame to just throw it
away.

I then tried to put a piece of film in the old one, but diluted very
little, just poured some of it into a measuring cylinder with 1:1
water or so, and put film into it in full "daylight". Sure, it
blackened soon enough. So it still has some strength. But I guess not
so much...

Good light!
           fra