Components list for Pentax CCD back

-Pentax back LX and MX for me ... what else ???
-Power supply
    Linear tech has a cool 90% efficiency power supply for 2 x AA let's make
it 4 AA with a hand pack ???

-Mass storage

-CCD
    Ok guys start your search engine... I only found some sony and National
small size sensors so far.. help me there.

-LCD
    How about a color TFT ??  www.sharpmeg.com  LQ038Q5DR01 3.8" 450nits
320x240 (4:3)

Hey albano, can you make a survey =)

     CCD back interest ?
     How much of the frame is acceptable ? 50% 60 % 70% 80% 90% 100% ??
     Camera Frame ? PZ-1, MZ-?, LX, MX, KX, ME, Program,  ????
    Minium interesting resolution ? 1024x768 ? 1280x960 ?
     Price range ?
     Mass storage ? Compact flash, MMC, Smart Media (see www.sandisk.com)

    Anyone interested by doing a cheap version low res 1st and then make a
2nd run with high res when we get some experience ?

I calculated my design costs to be around 12000$US for hardware and some
7000-9500$US for software...
hardware sample (one unit) will chirp around 2000$US, I am ready to cut
about 30% because it's more of a hobby than real work...

as an incentive I can say that those who chip in for the design cost will
have a return on other unit sold afterward ...

production cost ... depends on the product selected... and I am waiting for
some price quote from Sharp, Linear tech and couple of other folks...

Phil