From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2001 1:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: pentax-discuss-digest V1 #858

pentax-discuss-digest     Saturday, June 16 2001     Volume 01 : Number 858

Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 18:48:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: Nicholas Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Digital Film (WAS: RE: CCD back for Pentax?)

- --- Isaac Crawford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>       The biggest problem with this approach is that you
> give up some of the
> most positive features of digital photography...
> instant viewing,
> adjustable white balance, removable media, editing
> in camera, and
> instant wysiwyg for things like exposure
> compensation. If you're willing
> to put up with the inferior image quality of
> digital, you should at
> least get to use the positives of that medium!:-)
>
> Isaac

First of all, I never said it was a perfect option;
just a viable one. And for $700 if/when it is made for
the z1p I will have one in my bag. :) But I really
think that the limitations are really, imo, not really
limitations. It's like the site says, "film, but
digital." The main reasons that I prefer digital over
film is; 1) Elimination of waste no chemicals, little
packaging, reusability, etc; 2) Reduction of cost and
time. This unit fulfills those needs. But, I think, it
is a technology a little ahead of it's time. It does
need work.

Nick