Hi,

Wlan at 54MBps works to some distance, but to get the 108Mbps you need
to have the the both devices (access point and notebook) very close to
each other. Usually I never get more than 54Mbps from my 108MB wlan
gear.
Typical average thruput is still only around 20Mbps.

How about getting 1Gbps network cards and use wired connection when
transferring a lot of big files (well, wired 100Mbps is pretty fast
too)?

Antti-Pekka

Antti-Pekka Virjonen
Estera Oy Turku