On 17 Jun 2005 at 8:51, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> I never considered adding and removing elements to a photograph as
> photography.  That was all done later, after the photo was taken or made,
> using a variety of techniques that only sometimes took place in a darkroom.
> There was physically pasting and cutting of different elements into and out
> of a
> photograph (making a collage) and then rephotographing the result, air
> brushing
> , masking and painting on negatives (done that myself), tinting or colorizing
> photograph, and so on.  None of these are photographic techniques, and none
> required a darkroom.

So blurring the definitions just a little more, would you consider the digital
assembly of a series of shots into a continuous panorama as manipulation,
collage or a straight photograph considering the obvious initial intention
before the shutter was depressed?

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998