my definition includes things that haven't been invented yet. it includes taking a picture with a burning Holga and putting it out with water before developing the negative, charring it some more in bunsen burner, and then holding it front of an LCD projector showing a documentary of penguin migration.

Herb....
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 7:49 PM
Subject: RE: How to make Good Pictures (Let's Free the Captured Images)

[...]
photography isn't about
capturing reality, it's about presenting an artistic vision.
if that vision is supposed to be documentary, then it
shouldn't be manipulated much. if it's fine art, it doesn't
matter what you do. as far as i am concerned, Shel is
defining photography to be what he does and anything else isn't.

Seems to me you're doing precisely the same.

--
Cheers,
Bob