On Friday Joaquin Carvalho wrote:

>Whatever you do, never try to clean the focusing screen, don't ask me
>how I know this.

I don't need to ask how. I guess you learned the hard way. I've been told
that the focus screen dislikes cleaning substances.

-------------
When it comes to my question about DIY repair I have noticed one member
against, one member pro, and one how. Perhaps I'll put the question up for a
poll?

Shall the Tim the Raving Norwegian make an effort on repairing his sons
ME-super on his own?
1. Yes
2. No
3. Don?t know.
--------------
Silly jokes aside:
William Robb suggests I open the beast from the bottom. I have never been
inside one before.
To me it looks like the shutter is the real problem.
Don Sanderson suggests that sticky lubrication is the problem. My
practical/mechanical sense tells me to clean off the sticky stuff, and then
replace it. But where in the house is this lubrication? Is it still sensible
to go in from the bottom? And with what kind of lubrication do I replace the
sticky stuff with?

It may sound like madness trying to repair a camera by mail. But I am a
crazy person. I might have some fun trying to fix it. I might even be
successful in my attempt. Even though the odds of succeeding seems bad.

Tim
Another Norwegian