Hi,

The Contax RX does something similar to what you want with their
digital focus indicator:

"The DFI (Digital Focus Indicator) system graphically portrays focus point and
provides depth of focus information in the viewfinder."

It displays along the bottom of the viewfinder. It doesn't tell you
the distance focused on, but everything else you want is there. I
switched it off on mine after a few months because I found it
distracting, but it can be useful in low light.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Monday, June 18, 2001, 7:18:44 AM, you wrote:

[...]
> Having dropped AF as it does not suit my type of photography, there is one feature
>that could be added to the view finder that would lure me back without a hood.
>Imagine, spread across the top of
> the view finder a distance scale and depth of focus based on the lens focal length,
>distance focused upon, and either the preset or programmed aperture!

> A new series of manual focus lenses could include the subject distance information
>that has been available on all F series and later lenses.
[...]