On 21/6/05, mike wilson, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Do you mean this?
>http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
>O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=16242&is=REG
>
>If you buy from there, watch out for sizes.  I used my normal procedure
>and went for the largest available.  Something made me check just before
>I pressed the "order" button.  We could both have got into the one I was
>going to order.  I'm three sizes down from the largest.  Buying was easy
>and it is exceptionally cheap.  No comeback from HMC&E.
>
>mike
>photo dweeb, apparently  8-)

I'll second that from Mike. I use the Domke photo vest every day for TV
duties. I'm 6'5" tall with about a 44 inch bust ;-) and the medium is
still draped all over me. I could actually get away with a small if I had to!

For heavy use, the Domke lasts 1 year! I buy them off eBay when they turn
up at a good price, usually new, usually about 35-45 bucks. I currently
have 2 stockpiled, and a third coming soon. Bits that wear out: the
string weave - great for dissipating heat on warmer days - gets frayed,
especially near the shoulder. This is from carrying a 25 lb camera on a
leather padded strap constantly. The tops of the main pockets get very
worn as mine are in constant use with things like headphones, radio mics,
batteries, phones, etc. For my recreational use, a 70-200 2.8 in one
pocket and another big lens or Quantum turbo in the other pocket works
well. I always surgically remove the velcro fasteners from the 2 main
pockets - the noise is too much when retrieving something during a quiet
press conference. I do occasionally use the 2 back pockets for spare
tapes, quite useful. The little belt toggle D-rings at the side clang
each other incessantly so they get tied off permanently.

Otherwise the vests last well. If I only used it for occasional weekends,
I would expect a good half a dozen years out of it.

There is a transparent press ID holder that can velcro onto a space top
left, but never used it. If I have to wear ID, out comes my prized BMW
motorsport neck ID holder ;-)

HTH

Cheers,
  Cotty