From: mike wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 21 June 2005 07:53
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Camera bags (yet again)

Bob W wrote:

Hey, Gray-y, I've never seen a correspondent in a photo

jacket - only
photo dweebs! I love the word Dweeb.

Most of the photojournalists that I know / have seen use Domke. The F-803 which Shel recommended would be my choice, if I could

get one here.

Do you mean this?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&;

A=details&Q=&sku=16242&is=REG

If you buy from there, watch out for sizes. I used my normal procedure and went for the largest available. Something made me check just before I pressed the "order" button. We could both have got into the one I was going to order. I'm three sizes down from the largest. Buying was easy and it is exceptionally cheap. No comeback from HMC&E.

mike
photo dweeb, apparently  8-)

What I currently use for the type of kit described is a

LowePro Street
& Field Reporter 200, which is very useful and versatile.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009R8A6/102-4625644-4

597749
?v=glance

My main criticisms of it are:
1. It's ballistic nylon, so it is sweaty in hot climates where it makes contact with your body 2. It doesn't really need 2

fasteners -
one would be better 3. It should have a Domke-type fastener

for speed
of opening and closing - you need 2 hands to close it, with

Domkes you
only need one.
4. I don't like the sculpted style of shoulder strap.

--
Cheers,
Bob