> From: Billy Abbott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> They're taking entries for their gallery and competition at
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/apictureofbritain/competition.shtml -

These tend to be fishing expeditions for free publicity stuff.  Sure enough,
rule 8:
"The BBC reserves the right to publicly display all entries and to publish any
images to promote the BBC, and/or the photography competition. Copyright will
remain with the photographer."

So it gets free use of your picture in perpetuity.  Copyright's not a load of
good if you don't get paid for use of it.  I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't
paying horrific amounts of money to goons for sitting in suits and reading
autocues.

mike