That will do nothing but destroy whatever files are now on the SD card. The camera does NOT repair files or rewrite them, no matter what you do.

In 26,000 exposures using cameras with SD cards, I have yet to experience a problem with any of them.

When I've heard of problems occurring, it is most commonly the result of a faulty reader. I use a Belkin 8-in-1 USB 2.0 reader for CF, Memory Stick PRO and SD cards. It's fast and reliable, cost me $28.

Godfrey