Yes you did, you had a friend focus and trip the shutter, they were your remote.

Michael Spivak wrote:

Actualy, i've made all the preparation, calculated the distance and
the angle... put the camera on the tripod and all that stuf...
then i asked a friend to come, focus on my eyes and click the
button... that time i was very sorry i don't have a remote...