Hi!

17" for photo editing? are you sure you want to punish yourself?
if money is tight get at least 20" crt. if not, get dual 20" lcd.

As far as I can tell, lcds suck in luminance range unless I were to have an unlimited budget.

So far I've been editing all my photos on 17" and experienced no problems. Though of course I drive mere Toyota Corolla too :).

There is one more constraint that I did not mention, but Mishka, you make me mention it - it is that of space :).

I hoped my old screen would hold off until half deep CRTs would become common. No such luck.

Thanks for your suggestion. As usual, I have more things to think about.

Boris