In a message dated 6/27/2005 10:34:14 A.M.  Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>>How acceptable is  it to take pictures of people without asking  for
>>permission?

In a public space in most places there is no  problem.  From my experience,
though, if you are right in among the people  taking pictures, then it turns
into a consensual situation.

If you  are standing afar with a 300 mm lens, in my opinion, you are stealing
their  image,  but leaving their soul behind.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana