Now we're getting into definitions. Anything can be called a "slice of life."
But once the photographer interacts, he or she is no longer an observer but
becomes a participant. It's a different situation. It's not necessarily better
or inferior, but it's different. Although I shoot both ways, I prefer to be an
observer, because I don't want to change what would have occured without me and
my camera. I've seen memorable photographs achieved both ways. Neither is right
or wrong. But there is a distinct difference.
Paul