Shel Belinkoff wrote:

Herb's comment was simple: if it will sell it's a good photo.  While your
point has some validity, it is a softening of Herb's initial comment  and
contention that only a photograph that will sell is a good photograph.  I
stand by my statement that Herb is full of shit.

Herb didn't say "if it will sell then it's a good photo" nor did he imply it. Herb replied to someones heavy editing of someelse's image with the comment: "the first one won't sell and the second one will". He didn't say that was the only way to evaluate an image. He didn't say the second one was a better image. All he said was that the second picture would sell better than the first one. That can be important to someone who needs to put food on the table and is a valid comment. I too think the second image would sell better. I sure as hell don't think it's a better image.

Tom Reese