-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Cameron R. Hood
Sent: June 21, 2001 09:02
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Colour-presentation of Pentax lenses compared to Other
Brands

    My most profound revelation on colour casts in lenses happened when I
got my first ED (F*-FA*) lens. All of my shots on non-ED glass looked like
silly little snapshots, with highly unrealistic colour. The ED glass
focusses all of the colours on the same point (plane), yeilding a marvelous
rendition withh accurate, saturated, and in-focus colours.  I then traded in
all of my other lenses on the high-end stuff, and now own a FA*24 f2, an FA*
28-70 f2.8, an FA*85 f1.4, and the fabulous F* 300 f4.5. They really do make
a huge difference, especially in the colour department.

Cameron