Hi,

I think you'll find the K55/1.8 not quite as contrasty as some other
lenses, but there's a very solid rendering of fine detail and a certain
softness to it at the wider apertures that give it a unique "fingerprint"
compared to many of the later 50mm lenses.  It offers a subtlety, tonality,
and gentleness that I find appealing.  To be honest, I'm still playing
around with it.

The added focal length compared to a 50 is very nice as well.

Depending on what you want from a lens, this one could be considered a poor
performer (if sharpness and contrast is how you judge a lens), but if you
want an optic that can deliver something a little different with a unique
character compared to the sameness of many of todays lenses, then this one
is surely worth considering.

My comments are only applicable to the lens being used with film.  I've
never used it with a digital camera.

Shel

F4.0