----- Original Message ----- From: "frank theriault"
Subject: Re: RE: Time to apply for press passes

I think that the rest of the world learned from Montreal '76.  I doubt
that debacle will ever be repeated.  In fact, IIRC, the Olympic
Commitee now makes sure that a proper funding plan will be in place
for each bid, to avoid such problems.

Most of the problems with the Montreal games had to do with dishonest politicians and their minions lining their pockets, more so than any problems with the business plan. That is, unless the business plan was to make a few of Drapeau's buddies very rich.
The graft and corruption that went on at the Big Owe are legendary.

William Robb