Flash Sync is 1/60 sec, you need the SMC or Super-Multi-Coated Takumars for OO metering with the SpF. You can also get some 3rd Party lenses with the proper coupling but I've only seen TX (Vivitar) interchangeable mounts for the ES/F series of Pentax cameras, so I assume these lenses are fairly rare.

Eric Maquiling wrote:

Hi all,
New on the list.  I recognize some names (Godfrey on PAW--hiya!).  Looking to
get a Spotmatic.  I think, at one point in someone's life, they need to own
this classic.  The Pentaxes are a little confusing.  I am guessing that there
are resources on the Yahoo web page who can CLA these.  I'll look at that
later.  Basically, I'm looking for a body that can have a hot shoe.  So
probably a II or newer.  What is the flash sync on these?  And if I did my
research right, the F can meter full open aperture and everything else is stop
down?  What designation of lenses do I need for the F model?  Or are they all
the same?
TIA!

--
When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).